Sunday, April 6, 2008

Craver Mud Bowl I

OK - it all started when the horses got out next door... they were running thru our backyard this morning and then around the neighborhood a bit.

So this afternoon I took the boys out to track the horses movements thru the yard. It was pretty easy to spot the hoof prints in the soft grass. Then suddenly we came across a particularly WET section of our yard. That was the end of our horse hunt and the beginning of Mud Bowl I (of which I am sure there will be many more). As soon as Andrew stomped once, I knew I had to just let them dive in.

It was SO muddy that Andrew's shoe got suctioned off his foot. Take a look...


The mud-pie chase!


This is the photo that coined the phrase "Craver Mud Bowl".
Mom giving Nate the stiff arm! (I don't know much about football, but am told that is what I'm doing here).
Look at our mess - hehehe!



PURE joy!


The clean-up took 45 minutes. But their shoes - well, we'll have to deal with them tomorrow!